What is geolocation
Why geolocation started
Why a Plug in
• Another way of players’ locations is through cell tower service. This type of verification is accurate within about a mile’s space. WiFi-based verification is much more accurate.
• To visit geolocated casino websites, a WiFi capability on your computer and/or on your mobile phone is required. You don’t need to be connected to a WiFi network however it must be turned on your devices for us to ensure you’re (for example) in New York and so being able to play. If you might use a public WiFi hotspot to access the internet, it is still possible to play geo-located.
• Smartphones and tablets have GPS chips inside them, which use satellite data to calculate their position on earth. These satellite signals can reach mobile devices easily and accurately provide a player with his geographic location. Sometimes, these satellite signals can’t reach mobile devices (tablets and/or phones) and then use the signals from nearby cell phone service towers to approximate the device’s position. This is a slower, less accurate process, but is usually able to determine a device’s location fairly closely.
• Laptop and desktop computers handle geolocation a little bit differently. When you use the internet on your computer, your browser determines your location by gathering information through your IP address and WiFi connection location. This is what’s happening when certain websites prompt you to share your location with your browser. It is the browser’s way of locating you to be able to give you a more tailored experience with the site.
• If you are on a Mac, your WiFi automatically turns on. If you use a PC, this process may vary slightly depending on the Windows-version you are using. Especially for US players, geolocation is of importance whether or not they can visit an online casino
List US casinos